Join PDF to tables

Hi Guys,
Did any one can help me on how can i join a pdf to Tulip tables or any same method that allows me to do so?
thanks,

Hey @FahdERM,

Right now we don’t support files in tables beyond image and video. There is some engineering work scheduled very soon to add native PDF support to tables (this is a pretty common request). Can you give me a little more context about your usecase? I want to make sure the upcoming work will address your needs.

The way many customers get around this is by converting their PDFs to another image format (that tables to support).

Thanks!
Pete

Hey @Pete_Hartnett,
Thanks for your response. In fact, our customer want to be able to add some pdf files to the tulip tables while producing : example the datasheet of a component, some production reports, …
thanks,

Hey @FahdERM,

Thanks for the extra context. The scope of the initial feature is primarily around static PDFs in tables (so you could upload a work instruction and dynamically use it within an app, for example). This initially won’t include the ability to dynamically generate PDFs, but that is a feature that is being discussed right now.

As a little more context, even just the printing functionality in Tulip is far from the norm. Most legacy systems would force you to use a system like bartender to do all your document generation. We want to add this functionality, we just want to make sure it can address all the usecases where you might need dynamic reports.

Pete

Files are now supported in tables! Check out the release notes here:

Pete