Is it possible to Print table record as PDF

Hello everyone,

I trying to find a method to print table records, not just a step. As I have seen some similar post before [Print An Entire Table Analysis] (Print An Entire Table Analysis) and Printing variable number of table records - General - Tulip Community

My requirement is just to print populated table records as a PDF.

Thank you

Justin

1 Like

Hey @jamesjustin -

You linked out to the ways we usually recommend printing table data. I came from a Tulip customer where we had a similar need, we needed to print tulip data onto a very specific (font, formatting) pdf that acted as a customer deliverable. The way we approached this was by writing that data to a table, then using the Tables API to pull data from tulip with python, and generate the PDF. this had the added benefit of being local on our plant network so it could save to network drives that would otherwise be inaccessible to Tulip.

Pete

1 Like

Hey @Pete_Hartnett ,

Thank you for reply.
Can you please share an example, how exactly you will implement it (as a reference).

BR

Justin

I was wondering if there is any progress to this PDF features. It has been a hot topic for us and I have yet to find a workaround.

Hi @chieumaihong !

Thanks for following up here. Are you specifically interested in printing table records as a PDF or some other PDF printout (like printing out steps)?

I’ve been thinking about this as well and while I haven’t tried it, I was thinking of cheating and using ZPL plus the Labelary API custom widget to produce printable (or exportable?) output.

Managing the substitutions in the expression editor isn’t much fun so I would highly recommend managing the code externally and then pasting into the editor.

Hello, the use case I have is to generate a “report package” of a whole work order as PDF, in which it includes multiple tables and eSignatures. I know that we can set up a print view and print a whole step group. However, it is hard to control how many rows each sets of data is there and thus if it’s exceeded and go into the second pagination, it won’t show in the pdf.

Understood, I have been talking to the product team about this and to accomplish this, it is actually quite a big technical lift, but they understand how important this is for you and many customers and are working on getting this planned in our roadmap. I will report back with updates as I have them!

In the meantime, do you think @Richard-SNN’s workaround above may help you at all?