Support Custom Fonts

Hi there, hope this is the right place to post this.

It would be really great if one could choose from different fonts when displaying text.
A possibility to upload custom fonts would be even better, as to make an app fit into a company’s design guide/CI.

3 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for this great suggestion! I will share this with the product team and will share future updates on this request.

Brian

2 Likes

Good idea - to add to this it will be great to have the ability to change font types/styles withing the same text widget. It currently requires a lot of time/effort to underline/color/change font of one word in a sentence.

2 Likes

Bump because this is very relevant and should have been addressed by now

1 Like

Hi Joey, we have not had a chance to get to this yet. Will update this thread when we do.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin. We are getting internal customers commenting on the existing font, saying it looks like a childs writing. We are working very hard to create a good UI / UX for our shop floor customers and would prefer that they are not able to associate poor aesthetics with a poor product.

1 Like

Any movement on this feature request?

1 Like

There is no new timeline to add custom font support, but this post is regularly revisited when we look at the product roadmap. We consider replies, upvotes, views, and any details listed in replies when prioritizing new feature additions.

2 Likes

thank you Russ for your response. May suggest a community page dedicated for feature requests. It will save us and the Tulip team some time tracking requests. Just an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each topic here in community lives in a category; the category for “Product suggestions” is what we monitor and you can see the same data we look at. You can see a post category directly under the post title, and for anything categorized as Product suggestion you can vote as well.

See every feature request by clicking on the Product suggestion category or use this link: Product suggestions - Tulip Community

2 Likes

Jumping in here to advocate for this again. I am attempting to make work instructions that involve entering commands into a terminal and I’d love to be able to use a different font to denote which exact phrases will be entered. Using characters like “” or <> can’t be added to denote changes and it hasn’t been as impactful just having a section be bold or another color.

Also, being able to highlight sections of text with a specific background color would be great. For now I have to make a shape and place it behind the text box and this is clunky especially when the text wraps.

2 Likes

I agree, im also busy with work instructions it would indeed be amazing if you could upload custom fonts to fit the work instruction to the company style.

1 Like

I’d be happy if Tulip could at least add support for the default fonts all browsers support: CSS Web Safe Fonts (w3schools.com)

Having custom font’s would be even better.

1 Like

Hi all,

We appreciate you continuing to let us know this is something that is highly desired - I will work with the team to see if we can get this prioritized and addressed for you. Thanks!

1 Like