I would like to request for dev help on developing an app for manufacturing instructions that vary depending on part numbers using the Table function. The use case is as below:
- Let’s say we have Part Numbers 100, 200, and 300.
- Each part number has a unique BOM that calls out each component such as below:
Part Number 100
- Component 100-A
- Component 100-B
Part Number 200
- Component 200-A
- Component 200-B
- Component 200-C
Part Number 300
- Component 300-A
- Component 300-B
- Component 300-C
- Component 300-D
- When the operator scans or enters a Part Number 300, the app would call out the recipe for that part number.
- Since the sequence of each component install in critical, the app needs to visually indicate each of the components in sequence, 300-A, 300-B, ….
- After 300-A through 300-D has been completed by the operator, it should start over from 300-A for the next part. The problem that we are facing is that since each component is a “layer” in the manufacturing process, operator can make a mistake and miss a specific layer in the final construction, or perhaps install the incorrect component.
- Ultimately, I want Tulip to be used as a visual and interactive reminder for the operator. If we have hundreds of part numbers, I don’t want to have to create a new “Step” for every single component for each part number. How can I use the “Table” function to tackle this challenge?
Thank you for your feedback in advance.