Table GET API filter

I am trying to get all records using date filter and tried using

api/v3/tables/cS6haxAhBPohncvhZ/records?filters=[{“field”:"_updatedAt",“arg”:“2021-03-08”,“functionType”:“startsWith”}]

its not working.

Is there a different way to do this?

hello @SuhasPai, it’s not currently possible to use the Metadata Fields in your filters for the Table API (there is already a feature request submitted to our product team for this).

one solution could be to add an additional Field on your Table named Updated At (or similar) that gets updated to Current Date and Time every time the Record is updated. you can then use that Field to filter the API request. would this work for your use case??

thanks for posting!!

Hi,

But your API documentation mentions Special Fields can be used. Is that in error?

How to solve the above filter from API??
api/v3/tables/cS6haxAhBPohncvhZ/records?filters=[{“field”:“_updatedAt”,“arg”:“2021-03-08”,“functionType”:“startsWith”}]

Hi @avinash.kumar, you can find the specific filters for each endpoints in the api documentation, and you can see the details of how to apply it in the connector framework here.

How to filter Date wise in API kindly give filter=[{}] this idea on proper way so that I can do.

Did you try:
filter=[{"field": "_updatedAt", "functionType": "greaterThan", "arg": "2023-03-08T00:00:00Z"}, {"field": "_updatedAt", "functionType": "lessThan", "arg": "2023-03-09T00:00:00Z"}]
?

Can you please give Example sa I’m using this on the Connection API.

Hi @laliaga -

We have some resources that may be helpful for you and provide some instruction and examples:

1. Tulip University course - https://university.tulip.co/feature-deep-dive-table-api
  2. Tulip University challenge - https://university.tulip.co/create-a-table-record-using-the-tulip-api
  3. Knowledge base article - How to Use the Table API

In addition - here is a community post that walks through an example as well! Using the Tulip Tables API to Get Filtered Data from Tables

Let me know if any of those help you - if not, if you can provide more details about any challenges you are having with your API connector, we can try and help :slight_smile: