Tasks in background

Hi!

I’ve got several stations on my shopfloor but they aren’t only use for apps. People navigate between my ERP and TULIP. I want to know if it’s possible to block TULIP when the app is on the background.
Indeed, if i work on my erp and i scan an order number for example, TULIP launch the trigger connected to my barcode scanner…

Is there a solution or a workaround? I think an option on my station to activate or desactivate this point will be an idea.

Regards
Guillaume

Hi @Guillaume,

I can suggest a work around.

Add a button labeled “activate Scanner” which sets a Variable as 1.

Now set this variable as an additional condition for your trigger.

Now you need to put in a Timer which counts the time down your users stay on the same page.

For example 5min (you should adjust the timeframe to your workflow) after those 5min the timer sets back the variable to 0.

That should solve your problem.

@gio Can you move this to the Support & Troubleshooting section ?

thanks, that seems like a great suggestion @Mthesz!!

@Guillaume, can you confirm this will work for you?? if so, I can move this topic into Support & Troubleshooting.

This workaround should be solve my problem, even if I’m not sure to review all my app to put this improvement.

Guillaume

OK, thanks for following up @Guillaume.

if you’d like to join Office Hours tomorrow (2021-02-26T09:00:00Z2021-02-26T10:00:00Z) we can take a look at how to implement this together!!