I have been trying to transfer data from one table to another. When I try to run the trigger, sometimes it works and sometimes it shows an error message. I’m attaching the images here for your reference.
I would recommend moving the Create or Load Action to the very top of the Trigger, that way you can do the 1st Data Manipulation in the Trigger.
in the interim, can you confirm you’re no longer seeing the error message now??
regarding the value in the P05717, is there another value you’d like to store?? if so, you can modify the 3rd Action in your Trigger.
I will say that this new course in Tulip University that @John published covers a lot of useful topics to understand how manipulate data in Tables: Loading.
Sorry we dropped the ball here. Following back up to see if I can help resolve this one.
You added the “Create or Load Record” correctly as the first action, and you are loading it into the “Current defective parts” record placeholder.
The issue is the second action is basically saying [Take the “P05717” field from the “NewEntry” record placeholder and store it to variable “currentWorkOrder”]. The issue is you haven’t loaded anything from the table into the NewEntry Record Placeholder.
So like you did when “create or load record” into the “Current defective parts” placeholder, you need to also load a record into the NewEntry record place holder before you can use the data from that record.
Does that make sense?
If not, we run office hours 3 times a week (Tuesday and Thursday mornings and Thursday Afternoon) and I can send you an invite to our next session. This is a great time to work 1:1 through any issues you might have,