Using a Returned Variable from Connector Function

Hola!
I have written a connector function with an integer output. However when I try to use it in a trigger, the system is not really seeing it as a an integer. I want to be able to use >=

Also, usually when I have connector functions the outputs are listed as a subset of the overall function. In this case I only have the name of the variable returned in the function where I would have expected the folllowing:

number of outstanding radios
count

Can someone explain why there’s a difference? Do I need to write something differently in my query?
Gracias!

Hey @sarah,

It looks like that variable is a list of objects, which means that you can’t extract the count of the variable object without passing in an index. Does that value need to come in as a list?

If you’re working to extract the count from one particular item, you’d probably need to use an embedded table with a linked variable to select the row and use the count from that linked variable.

Ahh it’s a matter of checking/unchecking this!
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 1.23.18 PM

Great, thank you!

FYI I was able to uncheck and save the connector function but it didn’t update the returned variable within my app. I had to make a new trigger and new variable and delete the old.

@Sagar has some updates coming down the line with being able to modify connector’s input and output :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it’s now working!