Using Connector to Update Tables

Hello,

I would like to use a Connector to add new records to a Table. Is this possible? If so, can you point me to documentation?

Jen

hello @velogirlrides, great question!!

so this can certainly be done, however the documentation is in two separate articles. I’d recommend:

here’s a quick example of how it can be done when these features are combined.

this is the Connector Function:

here is the Trigger that Calls the Connector Function and stored the information in an App Variable and then stores it to the Table:

finally, here is the Table populated with the data:

let us know if this is helpful and if you have further questions!!

1 Like

This is helpful. To add a little more detail to my request - my Connector is connected to a MySQL database and I’d like to update the table whenever new records are added to the database. Is this possible? Or will I need to call the new records by unique ID using the trigger?

@velogirlrides, you currently will need to create new Records individually. however, there are some tricks that could be done to simplify the workflow. would you like to join Office Hours on Thursday at 11AM EST and we can discuss these?? let me know and I can add you to the invite.

Yes, I would love to take you up on this offer, however, I have a schedule conflict for this Thursday. I can attend next Thursday Jan 21.

@velogirlrides, I have invited you to the Office Hours on 2021-01-21T05:00:00Z.

speak then!!

Thank you. I am looking forward to it. My schedule is potentially going to change a bit tomorrow so I may be able to join the coffee hour for a for a bit. It will be nice to get a feel for the format before stepping onto the stage. :slight_smile:

This is the message string about using the connector to update tables

Hi, we are having one issue with creating a unique “ID” string that can be used to create a record. We are trying to populate a table with machine status information and we have a trigger run the connector every minute and populate the table. This seems to work in testing but I was wondering if there was a better way?

Currently doing this:

hello @Adam.day, that is a good way of doing it and don’t see any issues with it.

is there additional information you’d like stored in the ID?? if so, you can always add more information with a + in the Expression Editor. for example: FORMAT_DATE_TZ() + @Variable.Serial_Number.

let me know if this helps!!

Thanks Gio,
That is great to know.

1 Like