"Yesterday" daterange not working

Hey,

We have an analytic that reports scrap parts from yesterday. When we select yesterday from the daterange dropdown we dont get any records populating, but when we set the time range from 0 to 1 days the records populate.

Bandaid works but this should really be fixed.

Peter

hello @Peter.Hartnett, I would like to point out the following difference between the two Date Range filters:

does this make sense?? let us know if we can make the naming on the Filtering clearer!!

Can you explain this further? I dont see the difference in those 2 cases (beyond the number of results), you said both only include the last complete 24 hour day, so what is the difference?

I suspect you made a typo somewhere.

Peter

hey @Peter.Hartnett, apologies!!

the difference between the two is effectively the end time. for Yesterday it ends at 11:59PM of the last complete day, whereas for the Relative Date it ends at the current time. does that make a little more sense??

@gio that makes sense. Yesterday is absolute where the time range is relative to the current time.

That appears to not be the root cause of our problem though. We have hundreds of records a day in the driving table and yesterday returns no results and 0-1 or 1-2 days both return hundreds of records.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Peter

OK thanks for sharing @Peter.Hartnett. is the data from this Analysis coming from a Table or from App Completions??

furthermore, do you think you could share the link to the Analysis via Direct Message we can take a look into it??

thanks!!

The data is coming from a table. I just shared the dataset and analytic with you over DMs

Peter

thanks @Peter.Hartnett. I’ve created a ticket and the Engineering team is investigating, we’ll let you know when we have an update.

Hey @Peter.Hartnett, it looks like you’ve uncovered a bug in our analytics platform! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am working on a fix for this now, and it will be available in the r198 release of Tulip. In the meantime, the relative range filter you have should achieve the same goal. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Johnny

1 Like

@jddubois @gio Thanks guys.

@gio as far as making the difference between these analytics more clear, I would propose when editing the analytics, as you select date ranges, it shows what range that would currently include. So in the header if I selected 0-1 days it would show “Current Range: 12/6/2020 9:33am - 12/7/2020 9:33am” and yesterday would show “Current range: 12/6/2020 12am - 12/7/2020 12am”. This would make it immediately clear what range the analytic is looking at regardless of what you call each option in the dropdown.

Peter

1 Like

@Peter.Hartnett, no problem.

that’s a great idea to solve this, it would certainly make it a lot easier to understand the actual date range that it’s being filtered by!! would you mind posting this in https://community.tulip.co/c/product-suggestions/10??

willdo.

hitting the minimum length with this sentence.

Peter

2 Likes

hey @Peter.Hartnett, happy new year!!

I wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed (the root cause, not the date actually being filtered by) in R198: Release 198 - December 2020.

hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!!

gio

1 Like