Add filter to Interactive Table if data source is a variable

An Interactive Table based on a Tulip Table has a filter option:

Pic of settings

But if the data source is a variable, there is no filter option:

Pic of settings

Can the filter option become available on variable-based Interactive Tables?

I liked the idea in this post, but I can’t implement it.

1 Like

Hi Jason-
Thanks for the feedback, we agree that it would be very useful to have filters on both types of tables. It is something we would like to add, but it is not likely to be right away unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi @JasonMcD,

Is your variable sourced from a SQL connector function? If so, a potential workaround could be implementing your query with some filter options as well (the only downside here is you would need to re-execute the query to search vs. the dynamic filtering that embedded tables have). You should only need one query and just use a WHERE and SIMILAR TO SQL statement so it works with or with out the filter!

Let me know how this works for you!

Thanks,
Grant

You should use a query table to filter on app variable.
You can add as much variables you want. You just need to use “any” as conditionning

@Grant Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. I thought this would send an email, but that’s another topic…

The variable is HTTP (REST), not SQL. But I get your idea, that I could use inputs and parameters.

Exactly. A relatively small amount of data can still be huge list to scroll through. So active filtering would be great.

To do this with constant API calls, it can take a few seconds for the round trip, which adds up if you aren’t a robot who goes directly to the data it needs, but rather you poke around a bit till you get the right job number or whatever.

1 Like

Hey all, I just wondered if there was any progress on this suggestion. @pete @Grant

I’ll admit I never visit this forum anymore, but @MikeRousch and I have still been quite busy implementing Tulip here quite extensively, and we ran into this issue again, where we can’t live-filter a table that is a variable.

Thanks for all you do.

Hi @JasonMcD- You have very good timing because we are looking at this right now! There is a good chance this is released by the early summer so keep an eye out :slight_smile: -Pete-

1 Like

@pete Awesome thank you.

@MikeRousch See response above if you didn’t already.

@JasonMcD This feature improvement will be available in the next release (r232) and will be rolling out to customers soon. Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

:man_dancing:

Excellent. Thank you.