I’ve seen a few posts on this, but I just wanted to know all of my options.
We keep very little data in Tulip, so most of this info is from connectors to our ERP.
Situation: I want the user to be able to filter the list of employees by department.
Option 1: Two interactive tables.
- Table 1 is list of department IDs and descriptions (but only showing the descriptions)
- On row selection, run connector to get employee list (with parameter of dept. ID)
- Table 2 is populated with connector output (employee list)
- Disadvantage: it takes up too much space and/or you have to scroll
Option 2: Dropdown box and a button
Picture of dropdown
- Dropdown is a list of department IDs - saves to a variable
- Choose one then click a button
- Button has a trigger to run connector for employee list
- Disadvantage: Extra clicks (I like it to be instant). Plus, I can’t hide the ID and show the description - which is a nice option - or even show multiple columns in the dropdown.
What else is there?
- Can I do a pop-up window for the department interactive table? Then run the connector for the main window?
- Dropdown with a trigger would be nice (no button needed); also multi-column dropdown and/or return var different from the visible choices
- Other things I am missing?