hello all,

I wanted to share a feature I’ve been using to search Embedded Tables in Apps:

Screen-Recording

it’s really simple to implement:

1. add a Text Input Widget and assign it a Variable (Search in my example):
  2. add a filter to the Table on the Field you want to filter by:

let me know your thoughts on this!!

2 Likes

Works great! This was the first thing I figured out after I saw you use the embedded table on office hours. Important to note that doing it this way the search only looks at one field. If you create a table analytic and search from there, it looks at all fields, but analytics I’ve created this way appear to be limited to 1000 records.

1 Like

hey @Alinator, welcome to the Community!!

that’s a great idea, hadn’t thought of adding search on Embedded Analyses.

with regards to the limit of 1,000 rows, I have just submitted a ticket to our engineering team to review increasing this limit. we’ll keep you posted if this is something we will indeed be doing!!

This is great idea Gio! Only thing I would say is, is there a way to make it so you don’t have to search for an item exactly as its written in the table? (e.g. not case sensitive)
Thanks heaps!

hello @mattsaun, great to hear you found this useful!!

to solve the question you’re facing, you could add a Button Trigger (or Timer Trigger) to format the search query by the formatting rules you need. in this example, the text that the User inputs is automatically capitalized:
uppercase(left(@Variable.Search Query , 1)) + lowercase(right(@Variable.Search Query , len(@Variable.Search Query ) - 1))

you can then add the formatted search query as the Filter on the Interactive Table:

once you do this, regardless of the formatting the user enters, the filter will apply the rules you provide in the Expression:

do you think something like this will work for you?? let us know and thanks again for posting!!

1 Like

Thanks again for responding so fast Gio, time difference between us gets me with responding quickly but I do see your tips so I appreciate it! Definitely will employ this in my search filter for quality of life improvements.

of course, great to hear you find these tips useful!! let us know if any other questions come up.

it would be great if you could share what you’re building in Show and tell - Tulip Community.