Add the triggers to the checkbox

It is important to trigger an action directly when checking/unchecking a checkbox.
As a Workaround i put a button over the checkbox and set/switch the checkbox state over the variable.
But when using a lot of checkboxes for a QM ptoof this workaround is very cumbersome and not user-friendly to program.

Regards Christian

4 Likes

Any news on this feature?

I need this funcion too, any news?

Hey All,

A few avenues and insights I can provide about this -

1. We recently announced Custom Widgets that enable this, and a whole lot more. There are a handful of custom widgets that you can just download into your instance from library (Tulip Library | Frontline Operations Platform). We haven’t yet developed this custom widget yet, but I will add a feature request for the library team to make this. You can also make them yourself! Apply to the Tulip Developer Program and we will enable a feature that allows you to make custom widgets. This custom widget would take about 5 lines of code, a great starting point to play with the feature.
  2. There is engineering work going on to make the ‘button over checkbox’ workflow wayyyy less painful, not totally removing that workaround in its first revision, but making it a whole lot easier. This work is actively rolling out in the next few releases (you may have seen the new icons and whatnot in the step pane in r227, that is part of this project).

Thanks for continuing to bump features we should be prioritizing, keeps the whole product team aware of ongoing pain points!

Pete

Hey All-

Triggers on checkboxes, Single, and multiselects are LIVE.

Check out this post about the new features in r230-

This happened because you asked for it! Keep the ideas coming!
Pete