"Agent URL" - Where do I find this information?

Good morning Tulip community,

I am working on " How To Build Your First OPC UA Connector"

I am having trouble finding the information that I need to fill in “Agent URL” with, more specifically I’m having trouble understanding the instructions with this, can there be a more thorough walk-through given? Thank you.

Hey @ashchav20, if you’re using port-forwarding to go from your router to your OPC/UA server, the agent url should be the public IP address for that machine plus the port that your OPC/UA is running on (this defaults to 49320 in most cases). You can probably use Google to find out this info.

Like I said, this would require port-forwarding if the machine your OPC/UA server is running on is behind a router or firewall. If the machine is available on the internet however, that IP address will work just fine.

1 Like

Thank you @joshuarichard , so would I structure it as (“ip address”/49320)?

Hello @joshuarichard,

I also have some trouble creating the OPC UA connector.

My OPC UA server runs on the device (DOOSAN DNM 5700) and is available within the company network.

When I add data to the agent’s URL (opc.tcp: // public_ip: 4840), an error is displayed when press the Test : “Unable to open a session on opc.tcp://public_ip:4840: End point must exist opc.tcp://public_ip:4840”.

I also set up port forwarding from the public address to the local IP address on the router, but still the same error.

What would be wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.