Barcode Trigger for Zebra MC3330R RFID Handheld Driver Compatibility

Hey Tulip,

I am trying to utilize the barcode trigger for one of my Tulip apps.

We have two Android based handheld that we use in our plant: Honeywell CK65 (2D Barcode) and Zebra MC3330R (RFID + 2D Barcode).

I tested the app with our Honeywell CK65 handheld and after adjusting the Wedge Method in the Data Wedge settings from “Standard” to “Keyboard”, the barcode reader works as expected where the action of scanning produces the Machine Trigger in the app.

I’m having a hard time with the Zebra MC3330R handheld replicating this action. Currently, it will still emulate a keyboard input when scanning a barcode or RFID tag when within a text input widget, but will not trigger a Machine Trigger. The Data Wedge menu is quite different for this handheld and wanted to see if you’ve been successful with a similar handheld and which settings needed to be changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric Singer

1 Like

Hey @Esinger5 !

Just a few questions here to help troubleshoot what might be going on.

1. Is your barcode scanner setup with a new line carriage? You can test this by going into Notepad, scanning a test barcode, and seeing if your cursor automatically goes to the next line.

2. Are you currently testing using the Windows Tulip Player or a different OS/webpage Player?

3. Have you attempted to set the barcode scanner up as a custom device in the Tulip Player? You can follow our support article here to find out how to use the PID/VID to setup your device.

Getting the answers to the following questions will help ensure we can troubleshoot effectively.

Thanks!
Grant

1 Like

Hey Grant,

1. I’ve tried a few different postamble settings (ie carriage return, tab, etc).
  2. We are testing the player using the Android handhelds (this is an integrated scanner / computer). See picture of device below. I worked with Kevin and someone on the hardware integration team to sideload the player onto a Honeywell CK65 device during beta testing of this feature. I was able to use the same process to load the Tulip player onto this device, Zebra MC3330R.
  3. I have not attempted to set this up yet as a custom device. I will try that the next time I’m in our plant.
    9k=.jpg

There are a few other things I’m going to try within the device settings and I’ll update you on any progress.

I just thought if your team has helped with a Zebra handheld device already, then you could more quickly steer me in the right direction.

Best regards,

ERIC SINGER

Digital Project Manager

eric.singer@iff.com

M 848-231-0352

iff.com

600 State Highway 36

Hazlet, NJ 07730

Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

• |

External Warning: This email is from agilemfg+verp-cdc4232e40b3f0f1179dcf979dc7fbf2@discoursemail.com - if this email address is unfamiliar, do not click links and forward to SuspiciousEmail@iff.com

| Grant Tulip Team
June 18 |

• | - |

Hey @Esinger5 !

Just a few questions here to help troubleshoot what might be going on.

1. Is your barcode scanner setup with a new line carriage? You can test this by going into Notepad, scanning a test barcode, and seeing if your cursor automatically goes to the next line.

2. Are you currently testing using the Windows Tulip Player or a different OS/webpage Player?

3. Have you attempted to set the barcode scanner up as a custom device in the Tulip Player? You can follow our support article here to find out how to use the PID/VID to setup your device.

Getting the answers to the following questions will help ensure we can troubleshoot effectively.

Thanks!
Grant

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This communication contains information of International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) and/or its affiliates that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended only for the addressee. Any copying, dissemination or other use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your system. For details of how IFF handles European Economic Area (EEA) personal data of individual representatives of its customers, prospects, suppliers, service providers and other business partners, please refer to the Privacy Notice for EEA Customers and Vendors.

@Esinger5 Oh that’s interesting, I haven’t seen that implementation before. I do have one possible solution here, which is to enable an instance level setting to support barcode scan triggers on non-Windows based devices. This seems like a requirement for this to function properly, so if you want to send an email to grant.levy@tulip.co with the instance name you’d like to test with, I can try enabling this for you!

1 Like