Bullet when calling variable from table

I’m pulling data from table to show as variable (data source), but, I get a bullet point in front of the text. How can this be removed? thanks for the help.

Hi @Satheesh1909 and welcome to the Tulip Community! :tulip: :tada:

The data is showing with bullet points because it is actually an array/object list (since you are pulling multiple values from the table).

If you can share more about your goals here and your use case, we can probably find the right solution to show the data how you want!

One option that comes to mind is the use triggers to remove the items from the array and then you can display those as text variables (without the bullet point), but that may or may not make sense based on what you want to do with the data!

Yep^^

If you are working with an array of one item then the easiest thing to extract it is to use this trigger and store the value in a regular variable:

1 Like

Agree with Daniel on this. Another idea when array/aggregation is returning only one value is just add +‘’ at the end in an expression to convert from list/array into a text type. Then the additional variable is not needed.

I use this a lot for use cases where queries locate a single record and the aggregation then returns the exact ID.

And welcome to the community Satheesh1909 :slight_smile:

thx
asger

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome! I’m pulling data from tables for a step and I use variable> data source > Tulip Table Aggregation to get the value. The challenge is this value used in a section where I have some static text, so having a bullet makes it look bad. Hope this helps.

Is placing the array variable a bit to the left aligned with header text, and place a box with background color on top of it out of the question?
Then the bullets can’t be seen :smiley:
Classic workaround

Hello, thank everyone for the reply. I did use a white box to mask the button. Now, I have another problem. I’m launching different applications dynamically based on name from table and this bullet is again causing problems. Thanks for your suggestions again.