Data Entry into table

Hi,
I have a question regarding the data entry into the table.

The scenario will be like this;

1. First the user will be asked to enter the items name (model) .

Basically, user will enter the total number of model name he has on hand. For example, if he has 100 items, he will enter all the 100 names first.

So, if i understand correctly, all the name will be stored into table once after user keyed-in. The result will be like the above picture.

1. Secondly, I want to let the user key-in length, width and height of the each items again of 100 items he key-in just now

How can I get it done so that this length, width and height of each individual items goes into correct model name? and also I can key in the measurement not in sequence ? and no additional ID comes out?

For the above case, I want the flow to be like > key in e.g (100 model names) > then store LxWxH of each items
I don’t want it to be key in 1 model name > store LxWxH and repeat the rest of items.

image Key in all model name first
image then store measurement for each item

I need some help on this issue. I can do the model data key in part. only second part I have no idea how should I do it. Please let me know if need more information on my explanation.

Thanks

hello @MTT
Interesting question. From what I know it is not possible to iterate (loop) through table records automatically. It would be handy if we can.

The way I would attempt to do this is by storing the model, length, width and height in individual arrays. Once all the information is collected in to the arrays then loop through the arrays to create the table records. The looping will do this in a few seconds.

If you do want to create the table records first, then you will need to select the relevant model in the interactive table first every time you want to add the dimensions. Eg: select model → enter length → click save. I imagine this will be too time consuming.

There is a trick to use loops in Tulip.
See here: Looping Unit Test | Tulip Knowledge Base - Support for Building Operations Apps

There was a sample in the library few weeks ago but now the links is broken.
The Industry’s #1 Frontline Operations Platform | Tulip

@sumerlulla can you help to locate the sample please.

hope I make sense and this helps. let me know if you have more questions.

Hey @MTT -

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. Started responding then got sidetracked yesterday. Here is a video where I do a simple app build of what you are talking about. Should be able to address this without looping:

Does this help some? Queries and Aggregations are incredibly powerful.
Pete

thank you for sharing this. I want to do something similar in a future app. This way seems much better than the looping i suggested

Hi @Pete_Hartnett, sorry for late reply due to some other works pile up.
I will go through this method and will try it out…
Should be able to address my issue.

Thank you

Hi @Rakitha,

Thanks for sharing ideas. I was busy with other works and not able to get online past few days.

1 Like