Export machine data

Hello,

Data from machine tables can’t be exported outside to anykind of file or API for third party software.

We connected a machine to Tulip and want to use the data that is collected by Tulip in a third party software on a multi dimentional table combined with data from other ERP server, we can’t export this data.

Please add the ability to do so.

Thank you,
Amit

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this request? We are also very interested in getting access to machine table data, so we can export to SQL or other db.

Hi there,
No progress that I know about, waiting for a response of Tulip support team about that too

| dee.brann
July 27 |

• | - |

Has there been any progress on this request? We are also very interested in getting access to machine table data, so we can export to SQL or other db.

1 Like

Hi @Amit and @dee.brann,

Thanks for the suggestion here. The need to be able to collect and export your data for machines is understood and we’ll be working on some efforts here soon. We do have a collection of Machines API endpoints that we’ll be looking to expand upon to help accomplish this. I’ll loop in our Product team here as well.

Thanks,
Grant Levy

Grant, thank you for your response, until the posibility of export this machine data or pulling it from a third party sytem will be available, the only way that I know is to collect the data by an app that runs without stopping.
But, if you have only 1 or 2 machines, this way of collecting data into a Tulip table is reasonable but if you have much more machine, I realy don’t know how can you collect this data.
So, Grant, in the meanwhile, do you have any other way to export this data?

Thank you,
Amit

| Grant Tulip Team
July 27 |

• | - |

Hi @Amit and @dee.brann,

Thanks for the suggestion here. The need to be able to collect and export your data for machines is understood and we’ll be working on some efforts here soon. We do have a collection of Machines API endpoints that we’ll be looking to expand upon to help accomplish this. I’ll loop in our Product team here as well.

Thanks,
Grant Levy

Hi @Amit, you can also create a machine analytic (table) and export that directly to CSV. This is a manual export but will allow you to pull filtered, curated information as frequently as you’d like (i.e. for a particular machine or time period).

Hi Grant,
How can I do that ? can you share a link to a document that explain how to use this solution ?

Thank you,
Amit

Hi @Amit,

You can see an article around machine analytics here: Using Machine Data in the Analytics Builder | Tulip Help Center - Support for Building Operations Apps. I’ll also send you a direct message for a specific example on your instance.

Thanks,
Grant

Hello, as we live in a real time / event mode, I will prefer a publish function, asyncAPI that can push new machine state each time a new machine state event occurs (new, update, …) in a MQTT broker for example. It will enable third party tools to run also in real time. It will be nice to call a connector function from machine type trigger to send data in a third party. Just an idea

Just wondering if this feature has been made available or if its still in the works?

Hey @DewyWCI -

We just released the ability to export machine activity data to CSV, but this is behind a feature flag.

There is work nearing completion to be able to export (and API) machine attribute data. More to come! Lots of data unification work has been required to get this done, so while you haven’t seen a whole lot of movement, there has been a whole load of backend work to support the volume of data associated with machine attributes.

Pete

1 Like

Awesome! I was asked about this the other day and didn’t have a solid answer.

Thanks for the reply!