Group Widgets in Applications

Grouping widgets, similar to how you can group components in PowerPoint or Word, would be a valuable additional feature.

Hi @nicolettenaya,

you could vote for that thread and comment it to push it a bit more.

However, I’m sure there is something going on around this topic :wink:

Object Grouping

For stremlining this topic, there is also this one:

Widget handling improvements - Product suggestions - Tulip Community

2 Likes

@nicolettenaya thanks for the suggestion! @thorsten.langner is correct, the Tulip team is actually already working on functionality for grouping widgets (and ability to execute bulk actions on those grouped widgets, like resizing) and you can expect to see this on a future release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Beth, thank you for saying that the Tulip team is already working on this feature.
If I may, I’d suggest that just grouping without resizing will be released first, as it’ll be a great help by itself. I have a complex UI with multiple widgets hovering over an image, which is always selected when I select them.
Another, more common scenario, is when I have a composite control (e.g. a text box and a button) I’d like to duplicate. Again, I don’t need to resize them, only to treat them as a group.
Having this will help a lot.

Thank you for the additional input here! I will share your feedback with the team :slight_smile: