Highlighting a few Library Custom Widgets

Have you seen the recent releases in the library? Many customers are using them to enhance their apps and solve new use cases with Tulip. 5 popular ones are featured below.

1. Radar chart widget for 5S results
  2. Image annotation widget - e.g. to capture defect details on part photos
  3. Tool Tip widget- add call outs to explain details of your application to users
  4. Looper widget - run loops in your apps
  5. Basic UI Template - Help with common layouts

1. 5S Radar Chart Widget Unit Test

Have you ever wanted to compare your 5S audit results to a set target or goal? The 5S Radar Chart Widget allows you to add a radar or spider chart to your Tulip application to show results from a single 5S audit or multiple 5S audits compared to your target or goal. This widget gives you a great visual representation of your current 5S scores versus target scores and allows you to quickly see what areas are doing well and what areas need improvement.

5S Radar Chart

2. Image Annotation Widget Unit Test

The Image Annotation Custom Widget allows you to make annotations onto an image in Tulip and save this annotated image to a table record. Some potential use cases for this widget are:

• Identifying and annotating faulty machine parts
  • Pointing out a specific issue when creating a defect report
  • Providing managers with specific notes to review errors
  • Can be used in all defect tracking applications

This widget allows you to more accurately highlight any defects or issues.

Image Annotation

3. Tool-Tip Widget Unit Test

Have you ever wanted to provide additional instructions to an operator without cluttering your Tulip application? The Tool-Tip widget adds a tiny ‘?’ icon onto your Tulip application, allowing you to provide more context for an operator when hovered over by a mouse. This can be used to answer commonly asked questions or provide additional instructions that you may not want to feature prominently on your application.

Tool Tip

4. Looper Widget Unit Test

Have you ever wanted to mass update Tulip Table Records? You can now do that with the Looper Widget available on the Tulip Library. The Looper Widget allows you to create an array of records that you can then apply a mass update action to. The Looper Widget can be used to mass update the status of parts/defect reports.

Looper

5. Tulip Template Applications

Template for Work Instructions

Have you thought about digitizing your work instructions in a Tulip application? The template for Work Instructions application provides a starting point for building out your very own work instructions application. This application provides different layouts as examples and ideas for creating your own work instruction steps. Quickly copy step layouts to build new work instructions faster, and configure each template to your needs.

Template for Work Instructions

Basic Desktop Templates

The Basic Desktop Templates are an easy way to get started building standardized Tulip apps for desktops. The new step of templates for Tulip apps is designed to be the starting point for any new app creation. They are not specific to any application type. The goal is to provide the user with a blueprint with basic design elements and transitions so that the user can focus on adding triggers and logic. Overall, these templates should constitute the first building block to help in the creation of new Tulip apps.

3 Likes

I’ve installed the library version of the Image Annotation Widget Unit Test and it seems to do everything apart from the final output image - it only shows the text annotation but not the drawing/scribble.

Is there a bug, or am I missing anything? Have taken the library version and published out of the box but no joy…

It seems like that , because I have the same as you.

1 Like

Thanks @MarkStuttard and @abeer.garman for flagging this.

@freedman, tagging you in for vis in case this is a bug

2 Likes

Hi @John & @freedman - any joy identifying this? Hoping it’s a configuration issue?

Hi @John & @freedman - any chance to review this yet?

@MarkStuttard Thanks for letting us know, I’ve filed a bug for this widget… not sure what happened to make it stop working. We don’t see a lot of use on this widget so I’m inclined to add it to the backlog and prioritize it as we work through things. In the meantime, I’ll take it down from the library to avoid confusion.

So that we can prioritize this accordingly, is this widget and its capabilities important to you or are you mostly just flagging so that we are aware (thanks again!). If it’s important to you we can increase its priority.

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Hi @freedman - it’s something we’ve been experimenting with in the lab, it would be a nice feature for some 5S/Gemba application usage, but it’s not a priority. I guess I was just hoping it was a simple configuration fix, as from the video it’s obviously been working at some point.

I can’t say it’s a high priority, but definitely something we’d like to have access to at some point.

Thanks,
Mark

Wanted to close the loop on this thread that Image Annotation Widget got a facelift / makeover in Library Release 71 - November 2023 and the bug should be resolved in the current Library version of the widget!

1 Like

Hi @Beth, thanks for sharing!
Is it now also possible to merge the annotated image with the base image into one image?

Max, are you thinking kind of like a before (original image) and after (annotated image), but edited/merged all in 1 image file? I don’t believe this is possible currently, but tagging @william_vanbuskirk to confirm and for him to keep this idea on the library team’s radar!

1 Like

Currently it is not possible with the current widget; annotations are stored with coordinates, but we can definitely explore better native functionality on this

1 Like

sounds great!
I would appreciate feedback on whether it will be possible in future to save the original image with the annotated image in one file.
Thanks for support!