Image Load Time

Hey Everyone,
Has anyone found a trick to having an image load and display faster in an app? I am not using unusually high image resolution by today’s standards, but it still loads like I am on dial-up in the 1990s. Thanks.

1 Like

hello @Jeff, thanks for posting!! images are indeed not supposed to load at 1990s dial up speeds.

just to help troubleshoot, what is the Download Bandwidth you’re getting when navigating to https://{{instance_name}}.tulip.co/networkcheck??

Hey Geo, do you want me send you the json of the results of the network test?

hello @Jeff, yes a JSON + a screenshot would be appreciated. thanks!! could also include the results from fast.com??

finally, is it only the images that are taking longer to load or are you seeing this with other features in Tulip??

thanks!!

The images are what takes long

I notice this as well, after Tulip transitions to another slide the images do load slow, also when there is a lot of logic to work through, you’re sitting at the app for awhile waiting for it to think.

I wanted to ping this again. The screen recording below is an average representation of how our images load. In many cases the image is not fully loaded by the time that the user clicks through the page.

Background loading (1)

Hi @Jeff ,
What instance are you on? It looks like this app is called Content Manager V1.2.
Do you see this slowness on all devices or only on certain devices?

Thanks!

This is the normal case for all our instances (Redmond, Italy, Mexico, China, Moses Lake etc.) and it happens across all devices.

Actually, I have never seen it not happen.

In some cases where the image is not just a background we “pre-load” the image in an image container outside the app screen space before the image is loaded via trigger.

A bit of a work around.

Hi @Jeff ,
I was able to reproduce this behavior once on my device but on any subsequent app restarts, the image loads almost instantly. Is this in line with what you experience?

Thanks,
Het.

@Het ^ This is what I experience. It will take sometimes several seconds for an image to load initially, but once it’s loaded ‘in memory’ (or whatever it does), it has no problem recalling the image instantly. This is a problem for our work instructions and inspections though, as every image is unique.

I wanted to bump this thread. The image load time is becoming a real issue for us. Our app users work through the page content before the images even finishes loading.