Linking other steps to tables so that data recorded under one row

I followed the screenshots you sent above and created a new variable under “current id” but when i ran the app in the tulip app (clicking next where i loaded all the triggers) it did not allow me to upload the data into tables even tho i had already added the transition of “go to step” → “next”

sorry this is taking so long :smiling_face_with_tear:

Sorry I dont get your point.
Clicking the button will put your data into the table. (as long as the variables have content.

If you run the App in the dev-mode (test button on the top right) it will just simulate and not actually save the data.

I don’t understand what you expect but is not working.

btw.: There is no point in showing the current ID if you change it in the trigger anyways and then move to another step…

I’m sorry, but I guess you need to deal with some basic App building skills. I’m not a member of Tulip and can not put a lot of time in those one to one supports…

1 Like

thanks @thorsten.langner for your help and sorry I could not understand previously.

I managed to figure it out and just wanted to share over here in case anybody else has trouble with this issue. If you had similar triggers like in the screenshot i showed above and your data was uploading in different rows whenever you clicked for a new “page” and entered data. Its because for me, for every page i set my triggers with a “create or load new record” followed by “expression” and then “randomstring()”. You only need to do this once, at the very start which would mean your first page/(step if you call it that).
Subsequent steps doesnt require you to “create or load record” with the randomstring. Just go ahead with the “data manipulation” and “store” triggers for the variables in your subsequent steps.

Hope this is able to help anybody out there!

@yixuancleona.tan, glad you figured it out, and thanks so much for sharing your findings! This is definitely going to help folks down the line.