MQTT and Sparkplug B

Hi,

Is there a plan to support MQTT/Sparkplug B and make Tulip a MQTT client to MQTT broker?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi-
It is likely that we will support MQTT and possibly Sparkplug B in the near/medium future. We would love to learn more about what you are trying to accomplish - can you provide more details? I’d also be happy to jump on a call if that is easier.
-Pete-

We are working on the definition of our “stack manufacturing” including Tulip. The MQTT protocol is interesting to distribute the collected OT data and merge IT and OT data. As Tulip is both a consumer of IT data and a collector of OT data, support of the MQTT protocol could facilitate Tulip integration into our futur “Manufacturing Stack”. For more detail feel free to context me to schedule a call - Youri-

A real example. We have an engraving machine that generates data as an MQTT customer (EoN). In order to ingest data in machine in Tulip, we have to create this chain :
MQTT Client -> MQTT Broker -> Kepware with MQTT Client Driver -> Kepware OPC UA -> Tulip

Perfect, thanks! I’ll reach out; I’d like to ask a few more questions about this.

I second that request. Supporting MQTT gives us an opportunity to plug into the flow of machine data much more centrally than we can with OPC UA, which requires a presence on the individual OT networks of our various manufacturing sites.

1 Like

@MoPositive would you be interested in discussing this as well? If so, feel free to schedule a time: Calendly - Peter Neylan

1 Like