Non Zebra Printer

Hey Guys,
Is it possible to use node red with an Edge MC or Egde IO to build a printing function that allows the Tulip user to run a connector and to print a document automaticallty without the Windows dialog box (totally automated like we do with the Zebra Printers)?
the printer is a dymo 5XL
thank you for your help,

Hey @FahdERM -

The way I would approach this is with Bartender by Seagull Scientific. There is a little more information about that here-

In short, Bartender can host API endpoints to print to just about any printer, and they manage stuff like printer drivers.

There is a Tulip Library connector coming very soon for this integration. Check out this video I made walking through that integration:

The Zebra printer drivers we provide can talk directly to any printer that speaks ZPL2, but it doesn’t look like the printer you called out does.

Pete

Hi @Pete_Hartnett,
Thank you for this video. But this is for Label Printers right?
And what for A4 format? Because i have to print Label and PDF A4 format. Can i do so with Bartender API?
thanks,

Hey @FahdERM -

Yeah absolutely. Sorry, I should have made this clear in the video, the associated documentation does cover these details. Bartender’s whole value add here is managing just about any printer and unifying printing to them around API endpoints.

Pete