Open a folder (explorer, webbrowser or similar)?

Hi,
in the release notes of version238 there is a note that’s it’s now possible to open a local folder with this function.
But none of all examples will work:
Error opening file, File or Folder does not exist

My task is to give the possibility to open a folder from inside an App to assist the users to open files.
If it’s only possible with a custom widget that is no problem, but a cw with window.open() won’t work here.

Regards Chris

Hi Chris,

I’m sorry but I am not following your question here - could you link or show a screenshot of what you are looking at specifically in the release notes?

For your use case here, would Frontline Copilot be a good option? For example, if you want to help users look up information in files, you can have these files stored in a Tulip table, train Frontline Copilot to that table, and then insert a the Frontline Copilot chat widget within the app. Then the user can type questions directly into the chat widget and it will look up the information for them (and even include references and links to where that information was found in those documents).

https://support.tulip.co/docs/operator-chat-widget

Hi,
Copilot isn’t any solution.

From the release notes:

These are the product updates in release 1.8.2 of the Tulip Player .
Contact support@tulip.co with any questions.

Tulip Player 1.8.2 will be available on Oct 1, 2022 from 9 PM.

This release involves:

• Allow opening folders through the “Open file or folder” trigger.

that is what I’m looking for. How does this work? I tried it yesterday for hours but only got the error message that the file or folder does not exist.
I need to use an expression because the path will vary.

I found another information that I have to allow or deny the ability to open a file/folder but haven’t get this question anytime. Is there a setting I’m need?

Regards Chris

Add-on:
is it possible, if this will work, to check whether that path exists or not? So I can avoid the error message.

Chris

Hi Chris,

A couple things:

1. This trigger does work as intended, just checked on my end to verify. You can use expression editor to put the file path in, and then when running player in Windows (Note: this only works in Windows Player), you can open that file or folder.
  2. The permission box will pop up automatically if you have not already given ability to access the system files. The fact you are getting the error message tells me that this permission has been granted and it is working, it just is not able to find the file you are looking for.
  3. There is not a way in Tulip to check if the file path exists. You will have to ensure your file path exists and is correct that you are using in the trigger.

If you know for certain that the file path you are trying to access exists and there are not any typos or errors in the trigger, but you are still getting that error that the file or folder does not exist, you can go to our support team and they can check within your instance directly if they can see any other issue.