Supporting Multiple Languages (Work instructions)

You might find that you want to support multiple languages with your work instructions. I’ve heard this come up a lot recently and I wanted to show how Tulip can make this easy.

We’ll make this available in the library shortly, but for now I thought I’d share one way to accomplish this with dynamic work instructions.

The simplest way would be to just pass the instructions through a google translator connector and display the result… but what if you want to actually write and store multiple languages? Translators aren’t perfect and maybe we want to ensure nothing gets lost in translation.

You could build your instructions with multiple languages and then store those translations in a table.

Then, when your associates view the instructions it could display the language in whatever language they’ve selected. If there isn’t a stored translation, you could opt to have the default language passed through the google translation connector.

Let me know what you think? Do you think this would work for you?

Mark

1 Like

We’ve done this in a recent integration at one of our facilities.
It works great and helps the Spanish speaking personnel out. I just put different buttons on the main “splash” screen to select which language they prefer before starting to build.

2 Likes