Any one know which Network port i have to open for the Tulip Player updates?
hello @FahdERM, great question!! this article: Networking Requirements for a Tulip Cloud Deployment | Tulip Help Center - Support for Building Manufacturing Apps outlines the network requirements for a Tulip deployment.
if you scroll down to the Tulip Player section, you’ll see:
- The Tulip Player for Mac and Windows must make outgoing requests to https:// your-account .tulip.co using TCP on port 443 to run Apps.
- Photos and videos are loaded with outgoing requests using TCP on port 443 to https://s3.amazonaws.com/co.tulip.factory/. Note that this host has a dynamic IP address.
- The Tulip Player app does support HTTP proxies.
- Updates to the Tulip Player are pulled automatically from https://download.tulip.co and https://s3.amazonaws.com/co.tulip.cdn/. Note that these hosts have dynamic IP addresses.
- Note that Tulip makes extensive use of websockets, a type of long-lived connection, to enable our real-time updates. These websockets use SSL-encryption over port 443 just as noted above, however, some proxies do not support these connections and some network monitors may need to whitelist these connections. You can check your connection compatibility at: https:// your-account .tulip.co/networkCheck.
hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions!!
Thank you @gio for your help.