Tulip user table

Is there any way of using queries and aggregations on the user table

I am using the custom fields for department and shift

But I would like to have a filter for department that lists the current departments saved in the user table
But it doesn’t look like that is possible

Same for shift

I don’t think it is possible to create a text list that I can update the default value each time a new unique department is entered

Just wondering why we can’t query the user table

Hi Michael! Is your Tulip deployment on the “Enterprise Plan” or above? I am wondering if you can use the new “User Groups” feature to accomplish this in a more scalable way.

I am trying to accomplish a similar goal on creating a query and aggregation on the user table. I would like to create a query and aggregation to make a list of users that have a specific ‘Title’ for a custom field. This aggregation list would then be used as the data source for the selection options of a single select widget. My intended use is to be able to select a user from a dropdown list that all share the same ‘Title’

It seems like it is partially implemented with no actual way of to actually create a query.

I looked into the functionality of ‘User Groups’ and created a group of these users to see if it accomplishes my needs. However it does not appear that any user group data is usable within apps. The Knowledge Base article shows that the groups are only usable for approvals and E-signatures - Create and Manage User Groups. Is there a method for referencing members of user groups within apps?

Hi Logan, your use case makes a lot of sense. In the next few months, we plan on making User Groups compatible with the Single Select Widget, which would seem to solve your use case. You would then be able to select a single user from a user group within an app.

Question for you- do you imagine you might also want to select a user group from a list of user groups? Ie, I want to make this user group responsible for this maintenance task/work order etc.

1 Like