Using I/O Gateway and a monitor to run Tulip Player

Hello, if I set up just a monitor am I able to use a Tulip I/O gateway to run Tulip player? Or do I need a computer?

Thanks!

Hey @eric.byers -

The IO gateway cannot run Tulip Player, but Edge IO can.

Important to know - These devices have ~1/4 the computing power of a modern desktop machine, and app performance often scales roughly linearly across this vector. Many applications that are heavily table-driven will feel slow, but many other use cases (dashboards, static work instructions, data entry, etc) are running out in the field.

Pete

Unfortunately, we at Technicon have the same issue when attempting to use the Tulip Edge IO at clients. We are trying to use the Edge IO devices as Tulip Player clients on shop floors, by connecting it to a keyboard and monitor. However the performance issues prevents us from running what we would consider as fairly simple apps. The apps we are referring to might display machine data or display a table and allow the user to create or update a single row at a time. We feel that the performance issue severely limits the practical applications of the Edge IO device.