Zebra Network Printer?

There’s an option for “Zebra Network Printer” in device functions. What’s the difference between the “Zebra Network Printer” option vs. the “Zebra Printer” option?

Is the Zebra Driver now capable of connecting through a third party print server (IOGear, etc.)?
The last time I tried it wasn’t possible but maybe that problem has been taken care of?

Thanks!

1 Like

hello @DewyWCI, thanks for posting. here’s the difference between the two:

• Zebra Network Printer: The Zebra Network Printer driver allows Tulip Apps to print to network-enabled Zebra label printers that support printing over TCP using the Zebra Programming Language (ZPL). To confirm support for your particular printer, contact your Zebra distributor or test it out for yourself.
  • Zebra Printer: The Zebra GK Series Label Printer driver enables customers to print custom labels with their internet-connected Zebra GK Series Label Printers using data from a Tulip Gateway.

let me know if this answers your questions!!

Thanks @Gio!

I’ll have to check it out with a print server to Zebra and see if it works!

1 Like

Hi, I came across a query but was unable to find the answer to it. Can you please help.
Can we connect multiple zebra printers to a Single Gateway?

This would probably be better as a new thread rather than reviving a 2 year old one, but since we’re here…

If you want to support multiple zebra printers you should be using the network printing option.

Even if it could support multiple printers connected via USB, device enumeration during bootup doesn’t guarantee they get detected in the same order, which could cause major issues.

1 Like

Thanks @Richard-SNN for the detailed response. My inclination, given these difficulties, is to just say, no, Tulip does not support multiple printers through a single gateway.

1 Like