App Data (Approval Workflow)

Data is to assist in Creating a Change Control App and to monitor the App Approval Workflow process.

Inventory of Apps
All Apps in specific Instance/Folder.
Status (Dev/Published).
Version of Apps (this is currently available).
Apps that are in an Approval Workflow Status
Which approvals have been completed?
Who is next to approve?
Who is assigned to the Approvals?
When was this Approval Workflow started (date/time)?
Has a Snapshot of the App been completed?
Who created the Snapshot?
When was the Snapshot taken (date/time)?

3 Likes

This scenario is specifically to address the need to manage the complexity inherent in Medical Device assembly process that involve a complex medical device and related regulation. Currently the customer is forced to manage the “inventory” of apps in a spreadsheet in order to keep app updated if a bug is found or enhancement made. It would be nice if Tulip provided a way to manage this inventory of apps.

What Travis is trying to do is build an app to manage this inventory of apps.

2 Likes

Applications and Assets API can be very use full to connect to a lifecycle platform as Jira

Hello @Travis.Rice & @youri.regnaud,

Thanks for posting!

Just to confirm I’m understanding this correctly, would making additional contextual app information (Version, Approval Status, Next Approval, etc.) available from the App Info menu allow you to track the apps way you’d like to?

My thought is that you can then store this data in a Table on app completion or otherwise instead of maintaining a separate spreadsheet. Let me know and we can communicate it with the team if so!

Best,

Gio

Hello,

Yes, I believe having this available would enable what we specifically have in mind to be accomplished.

Hello @Travis.Rice,

OK, thanks for the confirmation. I have sent this information forward to our engineering team and we’ll keep you posted with updates.

Best,

Gio

1 Like

Hey looks like this post has been out a while, is there any movement on this approvals setup?

What would be really nice is if we didn’t have to look through email to see if something needed to be approved or not. It would be nice to have an approvals dashboard at the top and see what applications are waiting for approval and to have a user box that shows needed tasks for approvals. Right now this is a bit unfriendly as we have to search through email to see if an application has been submitted which can quickly get burried.

Hey @Shrmnatr -

We are about to take on a bit of work around approvals for applications, and this visibility to outstanding approvals has been one of the patterns we are looking to improve. Would you be interested in spending 30 minutes chatting about this flow?

Pete

2 Likes

Yeah happy to do so.

Havent heard from you guys at Tulip regarding this. Happy to speak anytime as previously mentioned.

Hey Camron,

Pete just shot you an email to connect! Thanks for following up :slight_smile: