AutoFocus Function

Hello Tulip Community,

Is it possible to implement an AutoFocus function to the inputs in TULIP? I want to avoid a extra click by the application’s operator. Because currently, user needs to click onto field in order to “activate” it.

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_autofocus.asp

This is a good suggestion and I think would be a pretty straightforward feature to implement. With the input widgets we introduced for regular steps, we might also want to consider letting users set tab order for each input. Are you currently using form steps or the new input widgets?

1 Like

Mark, That’s right, i’m using the new input widgets. Furthermore, it would be great to had a chance to choose an default value for Dropdown List Input, currently it’s “Select an option”.

Being able to set Tab order of any control would be nice :slight_smile:

hello @mellerbeck, thanks for bringing this topic back up!!

have you tried updating the order in which the Input widgets are added to the App (although the Input Widgets will need to get removed first)?? the order in which they’re added to the App determines the order in which clicking tab goes through the inputs.

let me know if this help!!

1 Like

Autofocus to comment field in signature widget is deployed in r242; expanding focus configuration options is not scheduled for further work at this time.

Vote and comment here if this is critical functionality for you that we should prioritize; the product team reviews #product-suggestions often. Even the old ones.