Bluetooth barcode scanner

Hi all,
I’m having the problem to connect a bt scanner (Tera barcode scanner) to our tulip apps.
It’s a bt qrcode/barcode scanner (wireless), who is connected as a barcode scanner HID.
It works, but the result will only appear in the field with focus.
I tried the trigger inside the step triggers “machines and devices” and using a “barcode scanner” also an “optical barcode scanner” with the device output storing in a variable.
But the last stept “storing in a varaible” will not work, so I guess I have configured the scanner wrong.
I can’t add the scanner in the tulip player cause it’s not a USB device with VID and PID.

I looked inside the knowledgebase/community articles but can’t find a solution.
So I’m needing help to solve my problem.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Regards Chris

1 Like

Hi @ChrisF ,

I am with the same issue right now.
Have you found a solution ?

Thanks

Hi @ChrisF and @Jian,

Sorry for the delayed response here - are you both trying to connect to the Tulip Player on a Windows device?

Hey @ChrisF,

Totally my fault we didn’t get a response back, it was half written and just never sent.

We are looking to unify this behavior in the very near future. From your post I kicked off further conversation with our Product Team and got this feature request on the roadmap. It is on the roadmap in the next quarter.

Thanks for the patience-
Pete

Sounds great!
Is the scope only for Scanners or the intended is to include other BT devices, such as Calipers that can transmit data via BT.

Appreciate your help

Hey @Jian -

The scope, and most of our testing is around barcode scanners specifically, but many other devices transmit data the same way (basically acting as a keyboard) so there is a decent chance you will find additional compatibility.

I know in the case of Mitutoyo, they don’t output data in an open protocol, so this improvement won’t help you there, but others might.

Pete

Hi @Pete_Hartnett,
Has Tulip made progress with HID input as mentioned in the comment.
Im looking at buying a simple caliper with HID interface for a proof of concept. I dont want to spend the extra money to buy the Mitutoyo U-Wave if I dont have to.
thank you.