Clearing input values

Hi Gio, I am having the same issue, I will try to convert the forms to regular steps, but this will require extra work, hopefully you figure out how to clear the variables in the Forms.

Hi Gio,
Thanks for the reply. I was able to clear the variable using additional triggers, but I also want the fields (input Widgets) to be blank/erased, drop down selection reset to no select.

Thanks,
Mayur

Hello @Mayur,

No problem. Just so I get a better understanding, is there a reason why you can’t put an App completion? (This will store the variable and then clear the selection on the input widget.)

Let me know if that’s an option for your workflow!

Best,

Gio

Hi @gio,

My app work flow is such that team members can use a single form to enter inputs from multiple steps within the app. The inputs are stored in the table in relation to the origin step from where the user goes to the form step.
(Step1-> Form->Step1 -> Step2-> Form->Step 2-> …Step 20…app completion)

Please let me know if you need any other input.

Thanks,
Mayur

OK, thanks for clarifying @Mayur.

Could you put an app completion every time Step 2, Step 3, etc. are opened for the first time?

You will have to reload the Table Record, but doing this will clear the input widget on the Form Step.

Let me know if this solution would make sense!

Best,

Gio

I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

hello @bscott, just to confirm - are you clearing the variables when starting the step?? additionally, what type of variable is the input and is it tied to a Variable or a Table Record??

thanks!!

as a note, I’m using this Trigger on Step Open to clear a Text Input tied to an App Variable and is working as expected:

I was originally using the Open Step trigger to try to clear Form Variables but that didn’t work. I had to recreate the form essentially in a step and then the trigger works as needed. So it appears you can’t clear variables on a Form Step but you can on a regular step.

1 Like

Hello Tulip Team –

It is my understanding that a ticket was submitted to address this problem. Has this been fixed as I am experiencing this same issue? If so, then in what release? If not, then can you provide an ETA on resolving this issue i.e. the ability to ‘Clear’ input variables on ‘Form Steps’?

Thank you.

–Glenn

hello @GBCronin, yes it’s correct that there was a ticket submitted for this specific issue. I’ve asked the team for an expected ETA, we’ll let you know when there is an update.

in the meantime, have you considered either of these alternatives:

• using text/number/etc. Input Widgets on regular Steps
  • Completing/Cancelling App and going back to the Step, which will clear the Inputs

do you think either of these solutions would work in the meantime?? thanks for posting, and welcome to the Tulip Community!!

Hi Gio –

I would prefer not to use a ‘Regular’ step.

Do you have an example of ‘Completing’ the App and then returning to the same ‘Form Step’?

Thanks for your help.

–Glenn

hello @GBCronin,

OK, understood!!

you can change the Submit Button to a Custom Action on the Form Step:

and then add a Transition to the Trigger similar to this one:

as a note, this will Complete the App and the Variables will be returned to their default values.

Hi Gio –

Since I am not really ‘Completing’ the ‘App’, and only using this method as a work-around to clear the variables and then loop back to the Form Step, how do I suppress the ‘App Complete’ message as this would be confusing?

Thanks again.

–Glenn

hello @GBCronin,

if you navigate to https://{{your_instance}}.tulip.co/account-settings/player, you can enable the following setting:

Hide “App Completed” and “App Canceled” messages in Player

as a note, this will prevent the App Completions toast messages to appear across your instance.

you can view more information here: [Tip of the Week] Defining Player Settings.

hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions!!

Hi Gio –

This is a global setting and would affect all apps. Correct?

Again since this is a work around so I would only want to institute this setting change for a single App, or at least for an ‘App Group.’

–Glenn

hello @GBCronin, that’s correct. this change would affect Apps running at all the Players on your account.

Hi Gio –

I appreciate the confirmation.

Thanks and have a good day.

–Glenn

1 Like

no problem, have a good day!!