Release 285 - August 2024

Hello everyone

I’m excited to introduce Release 285! This release brings a lot of updates to different features. Here are some worthy highlights:

• Looping is now available for automations
  • Access and configure SAML more easily
  • Access a new field: User Groups in the trigger editor
  • Connectors can now publish to MQTT brokers

There are also some performance improvements and bug fixes that were reported by users.

View the full 285 Release Notes here.

Let us know your thoughts and questions below!

Lianna

3 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Some great Community suggestions in this release (as usual :slight_smile: )

1. From @xavier.henes and @joseph.preston in this thread Tulip User Custom Fields - SAML Integration - you will now be able to add users to user groups, map users into them via SAML, and then reference those user groups in “if” statements in trigger logic.

2. It is now possible to restore archived fields from the Users table - a request made by @pte and @jasonh in these threads: Restoring columns in "Custom Fields"? & Restore Archived Custom Fields User Table

3. Also, looping in automations!!! :curly_loop: :curly_loop: :curly_loop:
    I know a lot of folks were looking forward to this, including @jjj @doneil @Amit @MarkStuttard from this thread Edit multiple table records at once without loading into record placeholder - #15 by jakerigos

2 Likes

Now that the connectors support the publication of MQTT messages, these same connectors should allow dynamic subscription to topics from an application. Run an connector function from a application with topic as input will enable topic subscription during apps runtime, because a inbound message is not only machine telemetry data but can be a notification/event from an IT system.

@youri.regnaud -

I like how you think! This is where we are going next with MQTT support. Generic event ingestion for business objects.

I made a little demo for those that haven’t see it, using automations + our MQTT support today to integrate Tulip with a UNS for business data: UNS-Demo.mp4

Keep the great ideas coming -
Pete

1 Like

Great video, thanks. Do you know Pete is there is a way to subscribe from an application to a table record update or creation if you know the ID Record? (waiting to do it dynamically)

Hi
I would like to test MQTT publish on onprem hostconnector in our staging environment. Is there any version on onprem hostconnector available (even beta version)?
For production, I guess it will be include in LTS13 hostconnector version.

Hi @Nicolas -
This wont be possible with OPCH until LTS13 (which is just a few short weeks away!) and cloud connector host does support publish today.

Why is this description under the “Analytics” ?