Switching between Workspaces in Player

Hi Team, it would be great to add possibility to quickly switch between workspaces in Player. Otherwise it’s killing the workspace feature because switching between workspaces takes too much time.
I wanted to have both environments: PROD and TEST on one instance for easy governance… but without this all the development and tests in Player would be quite annoying…

Hi @jacek.kos,

Thank you for your feedback.

To dig in a bit here - are you looking to pass an app between workspaces and leave the specific table records behind or to bring the app and all of its associated table records with it? Or is the idea to have a globally accessible table?

For example: if I run an app 5 times (leaving a table record for each run) if I move the app from TEST to PROD, would you only want to bring the app and its table data structure or bring along the records as well?

Sincerely,

Jake

Hi @jakerigos ,
Thanks for your reply as well.
I’m on the enterprise tier so I thought that I could have PROD and TEST environment in different workspaces called “PROD” and “TEST”. With that approach if I develop sth in TEST - I need to test it in Player but my player is assigned to PROD so in my case I need to reset to default and set up player again to assign it to TEST workspace. It would be much more convenient if I could just change the workspace in player as I`m changing the servers.

2 Likes

@jacek.kos - Makes sense! Thanks for the elaboration there.

(Also, great profile picture!)

@jacek.kos

There are some situations like this where it is really useful to create alternate Chrome profiles which are logged in as Tulip players in the browser. I currently have 9 different tulip players logged in at the same time and I can open all of them if I need to :rofl:

I would highly recommend this set up to any Tulip developer working with multiple instances. You can even use this to work with multiple stations in the same instance.

Info on Browser Player

Info on Chrome Profiles

The only downside is that with the browser player you lose some access to native driver functionality.