Websocket failed

I’ve had some apps acting wonky today (not loading table records, triggers failing, variables not showing up in the same spot in the player as the app, etc.).

I ran a network speed test and it came back with -
"Websocket: Failed: Failed to load wss://###.Tulip.co/websocket

Could this be causing the issues I’m seeing?

Hi @DewyWCI,

Those issues sound unrelated. The websocket test issue is something we’re actively investigating, but we don’t believe the failed test represents a true websocket connection issue. Can you provide additional information either here or via a Support ticket (email support@tulip.co) with the issues you’re seeing and we can help work towards a resolution?

Thanks!
Grant Levy

Grant,

Most of the problems happened yesterday morning while I was testing an app on a station.

1.) There were times that variables moved from where they were placed on the step by at least~1-2" (in the player and not Dev mode)
2.) Table records would not update. I have an app that stores data to use in a dashboard, and I couldn’t get the record to update. The solution was to copy the trigger and delete the old one and it started working again.
3.)The last thing was triggers failing for no apparent reason. the player was continuously displaying “Insert trigger name” trigger failed. It was a timer trigger set at 5 seconds and was only loading a record (only one row in the table to load) and the rest of the actions (4 total) to store variables into the table. I removed the load table action and it didn’t fail but of course it didn’t load the record either. I re-inserted the load table action and the trigger didn’t fail after that.

I do have some tickets opened for random problems. One of them being network lags in our instance but we haven’t been able to determine if its a problem with our ISP or another provider along the route, etc., etc. Anytime weird things like this happen I try to run a network test and it just happened to display the web-socket failed warning so thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks!

Hi @DewyWCI,

Thanks for the information - are you still seeing issues on any of these fronts? Typically, the most helpful error messages for debugging would show in the console logs. These can be accessed in the Tulip Player by going to the Developer menu > Toggle Content Tools (Content) and selecting the Console tab in the new window. If you’re running through a browser Player, you can right click Inspect and navigate to the Console tab as well.

If you are seeing these issues, please send me a link to the particular apps/tables and I can help review to see what might be going on.

Thanks!
Grant Levy